Your Elder Experts specializes in assisting older adults and those living with chronic illness.
We offer care management services ranging from one time consultations and crisis management to day-to-day support. Our services range from medical to social, family support to housing, and everything in between. We work with our clients, their families, and care partners to ensure the best quality of life and to encourage independence while also providing a safe and supportive environment.
Your Elder Experts is part of JF&CS, a leading provider of comprehensive human services. JF&CS offers a full continuum of care through a network of 40 programs reaching 250 Massachusetts communities. We have the unique ability to coordinate with these programs and caring JF&CS staff for our clients, including Guardianship, Friendly Visitors, Charlotte & Richard Okonow Parkinson’s Family Support, Alzheimer's/Related Disorders Family Support, and our Mental Health Services.
Your Elder Experts is a team of experienced Care Managers, all of whom are Master’s-level clinicians and most of whom are licensed independent clinical social workers (LICSWs). Our staff has a wealth of expertise from previous positions and numerous years working in the fields of aging and geriatrics. We have care managers with specialized knowledge of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, ALS, and Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Karen Wasserman, Director of Your Elder Experts, brings 30 years of experience helping older adults and their families with major life transitions.
How We Help
Consultations are available for those interested in learning about the resources appropriate for their needs but not currently seeking assistance in implementation. A consultation can be one time or lead to further support.
We meet with clients, their families, or other concerned people to assess safety, care needs, and emotional well-being. Based on our assessment, we develop a comprehensive plan of care tailored to each individual’s needs and budget. We listen to concerns and partner with you to achieve your goals. Our assessment may include the following:
- Evaluate safety, medical, emotional, financial, and logistical concerns
- Arrange for counseling for depression, behavior disorders, or cognitive impairment
- Explore housing options
- Evaluate clients at risk due to isolation, neglect, or abuse
- Find resources for Alzheimer's and other dementias, Parkinson’s, and other chronic diseases
- Explain the benefits of Medicare, other medical insurances, and long-term care insurance
- Provide referrals to trusted providers of medical, legal, financial, and private duty care partners
- Offer the objectivity that families may need
Ongoing Care Management
Your Elder Experts provides ongoing care management to older adults and people living with a chronic illness, allowing us to ensure that all aspects of the plan of care are implemented and monitored. Ongoing care management may include the following:
- Consult with medical professionals and act as partner in navigating the health care system
- Accompany clients to medical and other professional appointments
- Find appropriate housing and assist with the transition
- Manage and monitor the ongoing appropriateness of the plan of care
- Arrange and manage home health-care services and other home services
- Identify and connect with community resources
- Act as a liaison between family members or care partners and clients
- Guide clients and their families through major life transitions
- Offer family education, counseling, and support
- Pursue eligible insurance coverage and advocate for our clients
- Provide the objectivity and expertise that clients and their families may need as they face difficult decisions
- Provide miscellaneous support when needed (errands, shopping, faxing, and writing letters)